The Town of Clinton is seeking to hire Crossing Guards to assist the Clinton Public School District. If you meet the following requirements and choose to apply, please pick-up an application at Town Hall.
Description of duties: A 60 minute crossing post in the morning prior to school starting and a 60 minute crossing post in the afternoon when school concludes, only during school days.
- Crossing guards are appointed for a one (1) year period and that appointment may be revoked without cause or hearing. Crossing guards are part-time employees. No person shall be appointed as a Crossing Guard unless such person is sound in body, of good health and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
- During the hiring of Town of Clinton Crossing Guards, a preference will be given to Town of Clinton residents.
- Prior to appointment, a medical certification will be required as to your fitness for the position. This certification will be attached to the application.
- Prior to appointment, a complete and thorough Background Investigation shall be conducted on all Crossing Guard applicants.
These are the basic physical requirements for the position:
- Ability to stand for between one and two hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and hold in position a STOP paddle weighing approximately one pound while holding the opposite hand in an upright, raised position.
- Ability to walk, unassisted, across street numerous times.
- Ability to walk fast or run in emergency situation.
- Ability to raise both feet to step over curb.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
Applications are available on the Town’s website (https://www.clintonnj.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif411/f/uploads/toc_employment_application_2_0.pdf), or in-person at the Municipal Clerk's Office at 43 Leigh Street, Clinton, NJ 08809.