The Clinton Police Department, Clinton Fire Department, and the Clinton First Aid and Rescue Squad work closely together as community caretakers providing 24-hour fulltime services to keep Clinton a safe, secure and an enjoyable place of residence, business or pleasure . We take great pride in maintaining an atmosphere in which our residents and visitors can enjoy themselves in the charming environment of our town. In fact, Clinton ranks in the top 12% of towns and cities for safety.
Safe Neighborhoods take a working partnership between our community, law enforcement and emergency first responders. Here are a few helpful tips that will help make your neighborhood a safer places:
- Know your neighbors
- Keep up your yard, and encourage your neighbors to do the same
- Be extra cautious when you go out of town
- Close your windows and blinds at night
- Improve the lighting outside of your house
- Install a security system
- Learn CPR
- Keep your grills clean & never leave food cooking unattended
- Maintain a defensible space on your property in case of outdoor fire
- Teach your family basic fire safety
Here are a few helpful resources for your home and your neighborhood:
The members of our police department, fire department, and rescue squad welcome your questions to make your time in Clinton as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.